Thursday, January 9, 2014

Re-evaluate

Christmas holidays are a great time to get out of routine.  Not worry about school, work, appointments, preschool, and drama of life.  I love it.  Add to that blizzards, power outages, snow days, frost quakes and the polar vortex and now sickness makes for a great time to re-evaluate what is important in life.  These last two weeks have not been stressful for me.  It is when  life goes back to "normal" as the phone starts to ring and emails begin where I really begin to see the stresses in our life. 

Being sick and not being able to take Emma to preschool has made me re-evaluate the time I have with her at home and the stress of getting her to school and back and the politics that go along with being on the board (which I add is normal for any board). Thanks to mornings like this I realize how much time she truly is missing with things I could be doing with her.  Then my mind says how much she loves going and the social time is important for her. 

A break over the holidays from stretches and wearing braces.  No homework.  No photocopying for hot lunches and no scramble for drum lessons or meetings for brownies.

The joy of having the power off to play games, do rainbow loom bracelets, talk, read felt so good.  Seeing family and having our two nieces overnight was so fun. Tobaganning and messages with friends from a far.

Life is so fast paced and and I truly want my life to be spent doing what brings Glory to God and peace to me.  In one second of any day my life could change.  And it is at that moment when I would evaluate the life I had.  The choices I make right now can make or break that moment.  At that moment I might be given a second chance or it could be my last.  If it is my last moment I do not want my wings to be weighted down with regret or spending those precious moments asking for forgiveness.

Time should not be wasted.  We waste our time on so many worldly things and worldly documents.  Time is wasted on being selfish and trying to look good or make the most, better yet trying to have the most.  Anger and bitterness take up oodles of time.  Dare we talk about how much time fear takes up?

Life is all about listening and learning.  I chose to listen to the only person and words that will guide me the best.  (My mom helps too :) )

 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment